Monday, February 8, 2010

Australian Law: Somebody provided false information to Police and had me arrested. My options for recourse ?

I was renting a car, and the vendor was deducting payment from my bank account. He told Police that I had not paid anything and had me arrested for Theft of Motor Vehicle on a Sunday morning.Australian Law: Somebody provided false information to Police and had me arrested. My options for recourse ?
if you can prove that the information given to the police was false you have grounds to sue for false arrest.


Did the vendor attempt to take payment from your bank and if the vendor did there is your proof however if the vendor did not attempt to take a payment form your account and you had authorised it then the vendor has gone against your wishes. go to qld law society @ www.qls.com.au or legal aid @ www.legalaid.qld.gov.au both services can provide you with free information regarding this matter. if your not in qld those two sites can redirect you to your states website
  • short hair cut
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment