Monday, February 8, 2010

My ex husband filied a false police report and had me arrested. what are my legal options against him?

My ex husband filed a false police report on totally bogus statements. He made the entire incident up and I was charged with making terroristic threats. He also admitted to our teenage children that he made it up. what are my recourses against him legally? He thinks this whole thing is a big joke. I have no criminal record, 50 years old and have never been in trouble. I also have had a restraining order against him since the year 2000. Please help me this whole incident has cost me alot of money stress and mental anguish.My ex husband filied a false police report and had me arrested. what are my legal options against him?
Kick him in the nuts, and then have him killed.My ex husband filied a false police report and had me arrested. what are my legal options against him?
take him to small claims or get him for pergury and get your money back!
If you take this to an attorney, you can sue him for malicious prosecution/abuse of process (I can't quite tell from your question how far this went) and libel/slander (my state does not differentiate between the 2, but slander is oral and libel is written, so you probably have both). The advice to tell the police is good if you haven't done that. They can charge him with perjury at least--and probably obstruction of justice and other charges. I guess the one thing I would not do is ignore this. You now have a criminal arrest record and you need to get that purged. You have a lot of avenues for relief, but you need an atty. This should not be expensive. Your claims against your ex are torts and torts are handled on a contingency fee basis. Your retainer to an atty should be pretty minimal. If your ex has assets--go for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment