Sunday, February 7, 2010

What has your child done that almost put you in cardiac arrest but was only a false alarm!?

Tonight my 22 month old daughter gave me the scare of my life. I was home alone and already a bit creeped out for some reason. Well I put her to bed and went to take a shower. About 5 min into the shower I heard her screaming mommy heeeeellllppppp ( and that is NOT like her ) and she sounded panicked. I ran out of the shower but naked w/ all the windows in my house open into her room to find her standing in her crib and she goes, monkey fell. Well she dropped her stuffed monkey out of her crib and had a fit, that was it....I swear my heart is still going 100 miles an hour, I thought she fell or something I YI YI YI YI! lolWhat has your child done that almost put you in cardiac arrest but was only a false alarm!?
I'd say the worst thing my 13 month old has done is when she was about 11 months old. She was cruising along a speaker and went to reach for her high chair which was about 2 feet away from the speaker. She missed the chair and lost her footing, slamming her face into the leg of her high chair and then slamming her face AGAIN off of the tile floor! I ran over and scooped her up, she was understandably screaming. I checked her face over and then noticed that her tooth was missing! I freaked. I got her calm and then distracted her with a toy and I was actually crawling around on the floor looking for an itty bitty tooth! About 5 minutes later, she came crawling over to me laughing about mommy crawling around on the floor like she does and there her tooth was, secure in her gums. I guess from the impact, her gums swelled up a bit and hid her tooth.What has your child done that almost put you in cardiac arrest but was only a false alarm!?
my 2yr old and I walked to the bank the other day, i was asking her to hold my hand (to which she said ';no! mine hand!'; held her own hand, ans ran a few steps ahead.) She slipped on a patch of ice on the stairs and landed right on her head. the crack sound her head made was terifying... I thought she died. she screamed for a long time. A passing cop (bank is next to our police dept.) stopped by and called an ambulance just to be safe. She was fine, but that was the most scared I have ever been.
We thought my son had Infantile Seizures because he was having shaking episodes that to us looked like a seizure...





We waited a week to see the neurologist to get an EEG and tests....





That entire week I cried, blamed myself an worried we were going to lose our son to seizures... with that disorder when the seizures start your baby will lose mental function and milestones so it's as if in a way you ';lose'; them.





I had never been so scared in my life.... That week felt like a life time...





Luckily everything turned out normal and his shakes are something benign...





What a scare!!!!
Yeah I have moments like that. I fed my 3yr old a piece of cheese which is not unusual well he started choking on it and coughed it up. I stayed calm although I was very nervous and scared thankfully it didnt last long. I also had him playing in his toy room and heard him scream so loud. Checked on him and he said Im just playing mommy. I hear ya!
Oh I hate when my husband works late and I have to take a shower. I always try to rush because I am afraid I won;t be able to hear the monitor or something.





Shay hasnt done anything like that, but when we go shopping, she likes to run around, and run away and hide in the clothes. I call her name and she doesnt respond. Sometimes I can't see her for a little while, and although its probably only a couple of seconds, boy does your heart start racing in those seconds.





ETA~Oh....in April she got really sick, high fever, blood in her stool, cold sores in her throat. Thr dr couldnt find anything specifically wrong which was frustrating. One night she woke up in the middle for her bottle like she normally does and her hands, feet, and lips were purple and she was shaking. We rushed to the ER and were told it was her body's reaction tothe high fever. Simple enough explanation, but man, seeing your child purple and shaking.....
It's been a while, but last summer my daughter was playing in the kitchen and decided to try to climb the back of one of the kitchen chairs. About the time she made it halfway up it, it fell back with her on it....and it landed right in the middle of her stomach! I freaked, thinking she was going to have internal bleeding or something. I had both of our shoes on, and ready to leave for the ER when I decided to call her doctor first. Luckily, she told me signs of internal bleeding would be immediate bruising and pain, none of which she had.





Ugh, I can still remember how my heart was pounding and how I felt so sick to my stomach.





*E has a panic attack when she can't find one of her dang blue poodles...lol
Ok I have 1.. LOL One time my daughter had fell asleep in our bedroom closet. She watches tv in there while Im cleaning and doing things around the house. Well we have a walk in closet. She had fell asleep and had wrapped herself in the blanket. I went in there to look and couldnt find her anywhere. I didnt have the child gate up so I started to panic.. Omg where did she go.. I noticed that the back door was slightly opened and thought OMG She got outside. I started running around the yard hollering for her. The neighbors probably thought I was going nuts.. But I had went back inside to call my husband and tell him I lost our daughter.. Then I heard a thump in our room and she had kicked the door to change positions.. I picked her up and gave her hugs and kisses.. LOL She woke up like what is wrong with you lady? LOL Lets just say the child gate stays up at all times and the back door stays dead bolted.. LOL.
I was opening a window. We lived in an older double-wide my son was 2. The windows are rickity and he was standing right beside me so I open the window, thought it was secure but then I turned around and it fell all the way down onto his fingers and he was screaming bloody murder and I couldn't get it to open back up. I was jerking and pulling I could NOT get it up. I finally got it up and I thought for sure all 4 of his little fingers were broken. I really thought they were I was crying, he was crying. But nope, not even a bruise popped up. God was looking out for that boy.
my 4 year old was in the toilet the other day and all of a sudden started screaming out 'AAAHHHHHH MUMMY!!' like someone was stabbing him or something, it was the really panicked screaming....my husband and I bolted for the toilet both scared sh*tless....turns out there was a baby moth in there with him....hubby nearly had a fit, I nearly peed my pants with laughter but not until my heart had stopped racing!








I had this OMG moment with my younger one. It was about a month ago and we were taking things out the front door to load into my SIL's car...we had the front door propped open while we were doing it and my SIL who is pregnant was watching the kids while I carried the heavy stuff out. Anyway, she then left and I went back inside with the 3 kids to put the house right again and I was in the babys room when I had that OMG I LEFT THE DOOR OPEN!!! moment. I bolted straight outside convinced my 15 month old had gone out the door and onto the street, I was running up and down the street calling for him and like a totally idiot and screaming at the kids to look in the house for him.....he was playing quite happily in the back yard on his bike the whole time.....I swear I had multiple heart attacks in all of about 20 seconds!





Its just crazy for me to ever leave the door open as I'm so careful and always lock the screen door with a key so no one gets in or out. Gave me the fright I needed to be extra vigilant at all times! It could've turned out so bad, I shudder to think, but even the best parents have hiccups in their game sometimes!
My son is 11 weeks old, and he worries us when's he's quiet in bed. He's always making some random noise when he's sleeping, but when it's a period of quiet, his dad has to rush upstairs and check on him. I'm sure we're supposed to be glad when he's quiet,lol.
a few days ago my 10 month old literally jumped off my bed out of my arms, fell head first on the ground (i have wood floor) and twisted his neck almost all the way around..i swear my heart came out my chest!! i couldnt breath and i saw a flash of my son in a wheel chair for the rest of his life go through my mind. THANK GOD as soon as i picked him up and consuled him for a second he was 100% ok. he then got up and walked away..but yes even a few days latter just thinking about it makes my heart race..

No comments:

Post a Comment