Sunday, February 7, 2010

False arrest??

After returning some rented videos late I failed to pay late charges that had accrued. The movies were a week late but all returned. The video store sent me letters but I ignored them 1) because i did not rent them my wife did 2) the account she rented them on belonged to my mother.


I later was arrested after being pulled over for speeding. I posted a $500 bond through a local bondsman on the charge of theft of service under 500 dollars. The next time I heard anything was after I had a traffic accident i was again arrested for the same charge theft of service under 500 dollars and posted a $500 cash bond a year and a half later..


Today I received a letter from the district attorneys office stating that ';the charges that were presented to this office for prosecution had been rejected'; and if i had been arrested I could have all the records expunged. the DA's office also went as far as to enclose a copy of the Texas Code regarding expunction of records.False arrest??
just because the district attorney does not want to waste the time and resources taking you to court does not mean the arrest was false, just unimportant to them.False arrest??
The arrests were legitimate. They were based on warrants written and signed by a judge.





In your case, the DA decided not to file charges on it.





Get them expunged.

No comments:

Post a Comment