Monday, February 8, 2010

Hi - I was arrested yesterday on a false claim of assault by my ex back in feb (when she actually assaulted me?

The Police took my DNA, fingerprints, palm prints, photographs etc etc.


I'm not happy about this - they interviewed me, and made it clear that they are going to drop it, and from the start doubted the allegation.


Can I have these removed from the system (and it is nothing to do with ';having something to hide'; or anything like that, I just think its an infringement of my rights!)??


If not I want her to go through the same horrible experience I went through - the ';assault'; was actually when she assaulted me, and I made it clear to the police that it would be very easy to prove this.


They want to sweep it under the carpet, although I had to go through being asked very personal questions, and put in a cell twice whilst waiting to be processed, interviewed, fingerprinted etc.


Any help would be appreciated - I have never been arrested for anything in my life, and was very surprised at what the police could get away with.





p.s. - I would appreciate it if only people who know what they are talking about get back to me, not ';bored'; people just throwing their two shillings worth in, no offence.





Thanks in Advance.Hi - I was arrested yesterday on a false claim of assault by my ex back in feb (when she actually assaulted me?
You sound like you're from the UK (';two shillings worth';)...Don't exactly know how it would work there, but in the States, even if they never file the charges against you, the arrest itself will remain on your record and most likely cause you some amount of trouble in the future. If you are not convicted and no charges are ever filed against you, you can get the arrest expunged.Hi - I was arrested yesterday on a false claim of assault by my ex back in feb (when she actually assaulted me?
Get a real lawyer if you are serious. It's the only way to find the solution you are seeking.





And yes you can get rid of a record with an expungement. Not easy, but it can be done. So disregard the guy below me. Get a -real- lawyer and don't listen to ';top contributors'; on Yahoo! for heaven's sake.
Don't assume that they're going to drop the charge just because they ';made it clear'; they would. That's a classic interrogation trick. When they interview you, they tell you they believe you to put you off your guard, to try to get you to give them evidence against you.





Their number one job description is to make every effort to dig up incriminating evidence. They figure if you're innocent they'll fail. So they're not out to prove you innocent. DA's are paid to put people in jail and prison, guilty or not, just as defense lawyers are paid to keep both the guilty and the innocent out of prison. Cops work for the prosecutors.





There is an old expression: ';she hits you, you go to jail.'; It happens all the time. Some women get crazy memories of tense situations, and lose their grip on the reality of it. Others fail to get what they want with violence so they turn around and make false accusations instead. Typically when they do this, they are the only one making any complaints because the man doesn't make a big deal of it. So the cops have only one complaint to go on, and they almost always treat an assault allegation from a woman as serious not frivolous. Even if there's no evidence or witnesses. This policy has a lot to do with politics and not wanting to look soft on domestic violence, so when in doubt, they arrest the man.





That's police policy, and there's nothing you can do about it. Never expect a cop to act against department policy, or to help you avoid a charge. Once they're done collecting all the evidence against you they can find, they'll hand it to the DA and forget about it. If the DA thinks there's a chance they can throw you in jail, they'll try. DA's don't care if someone is guilty, they just care if someone LOOKS guilty, or if they can make someone look guilty.





As for the prints and mug shot, there's no way you can get that away from the cops.

No comments:

Post a Comment