Thursday, February 4, 2010

Can I be sued for false arrest?

The story is that my sister destroyed and stole my stuff. Up to about 800$ worth of music equipment. I pressed charges against her and she admitted to the police that she did commit a crime. The police station held her in jail for three days. Before her court date my mother was extremely stressed and upset about the whole situation where it started to effect her health. She begged me to dismiss the case; because I love my mother I went to the police station to dismiss the case. The officers had me sign a paper saying to release her and that my sister now has the right to sue me for false arrest. Could she follow through on that and is there anything I can do to?Can I be sued for false arrest?
This is a bullshit child's story.That all has to go through the prosecutes office the cops cant dismiss a case once it is scheduled for trial. Isn't adolescence bliss when they they think they know it all Just like that MIA below me. The farthest thing from reality. The person after me nailed it. You need mental help.Can I be sued for false arrest?
yes she can follow though, which i know is mess up but yes she can. but your mother can make her stop even if she decides to do it. the only thing you can do is take her to small claims court and try to get her to give you the money for your things a judge will rule in your favor because she plead gulity to the crime in the first place.
Your mother should be stressed and upset that your sister is stealing and destroying property, not stressed and upset that you went to the police about it. If she's so stressed and upset, then maybe she should take a long, hard look at what kind of daughter she raised and why she didn't instill any moral responsibility into your sister.
You need some professional help.





You didn't arrest anyone.
thats not possible if you made a statement and she confessed and its on paper she can't sue you..Even if she does dont pay her
No. she admitted to doing it herself. even if it went to court you are the victim so if you didn't show up to testify the charges would be dropped. you need to have a long *** talk with your sister though. she got off. hope your mom is doing better.








Phillip: If it is already scheduled for court the police can't dissmiss it. You have to go to the prosecutors office and talk to them. Go to the court house and go to the prosecutors office. find out who has the case and tell them that you don't want to go any further with it. they are not going to care, that is one less case for them and time they can put into others.

No comments:

Post a Comment